Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cormier Introduction

So, my name is Hillary. Honestly, I haven't really been into anime since my freshman year of high school. I've always been a fan of Fruits Basket, but not too many other series. I'm more into the art style than the actual animes themselves, so forgive me if I don't really know anything anime related. The only thing I've seen recently is Evangelion (I really don't know when it was released or what number in the series it was). To make up for that in some way, I'm a huge fan of J-Pop :) I've been in love with Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, and Namie Amuro since the 8th grade and really like the rap duos like Bennie K and Heartsdales. I also draw in anime style, though I've been trying to deviate from it a little. I adore the character designs of Final Fantasy (all of em) and thank God that Capcom brought the awesomeness that is Phoenix Wright to the U.S. Aside from that, I also like Korean music, Wonder Woman, Lupe Fiasco, and the color pink. I feel like that's everything moderately relevant to this blog that's okay to type here. So...Happy Blogging to you all.

4 comments:

  1. I was reading through the blog posts on that Google Reader thing, and yours caught my eye the most. I can relate to a lot of what you've said here (although it's just a small portion of we are). I have been meaning to watch Fruits Basket, but haven't found the time because new anime keeps being released! I do love a good storyline behind an anime, but the art is what always pulls me in. If it doesn't look well drawn, I usually put it on hold. I used to be a big fan of J-Pop and K-Pop, but I couldn't share my music preferences going to an all guy's school while also being Asian. That's just asking for stereotypical ridicule haha. I personally remember loving Heartsdales, BoA, and SNSD. I think this is all that I wanted to say that is relevant to this post. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!
    I love Fruits Basket, it was one of the first anime that I watched completely, apart from like DBZ. I actually own the DVD's but theyre back at home. Its such a great series, a good mixture of romantic comedy.
    I also really like JPop, the thing is that i could never really find much so my supply is limited, nevertheless i really enjoy it.
    Also, I'm going to have to concur with your final fantasy comment. you could not have been as right. The characters are so different and creative, their personalities are great and some i can even relate to.
    See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning Fruit Basket. Apparently, the anime has a big following in the class. Let's talk more about it.

    ReplyDelete